Child Support: Contempt


When a person does not follow a court order this is called contempt. Important: this checklist and the following form may be used if you want to take the other parent to court because she/he hasn't been paying court ordered child support. If you want to change the amount of court-ordered child support, go back to the Child Support page. For qualifying low-income individuals, the courts offer a fee waiver. If you would like to request a fee waiver, you will find the form at the bottom of this page.



You can get help with child support at the Milwaukee Justice Center.

Legal advice is not provided.



CHECKLIST: (click here for the Contempt Checklist)

LISTA DE VERIFICACIÓN: (haga clic aquí para obtener la Lista de Verificación para Desacato)



Form Number
Name of Form
Forms for Download
Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Finding of Contempt

     Form English (pdf)
     Form English (doc
     Summary English (pdf)


Fee Waiver Forms

If you are unable to pay the filing fees, and meet the income requirements, you can ask the court to waive the fees by completing the forms below. 


Form Number
Name of Form
Forms for Download
Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs - Affidavit of Indigency
CV-410B Order on Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs


Not finding what you need?
For additional information, visit the Wisconsin State Law Library website.


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System