Custody/ Placement/ Visitation (Placement Schedule): Contempt

When a person does not follow a court order this is called contempt. Important: this checklist and the following forms may be used if you want to take the other parent to court because she/he hasn't been following the custody, placement, or visitation (placement schedule) order. If you want to change the order, go back to the Custody/ Placement/ Visitation (Placement Schedule) page. For qualifying low-income individuals, the courts offer a fee waiver. If you would like to request a fee waiver, you will find the form at the bottom of this page.



You can get help with custody, placement, and visitation (placement schedules) at the Milwaukee Justice Center.

Legal advice is not provided.

CHECKLIST: (click here for the contempt checklist)

LISTA DE VERIFICACIÓN: (haga clic aquí para obtener la Lista de Verificación para Desacato)



Form Number
Name of Form
Forms for Download
 Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Finding of Contempt

    Form English (pdf)
    Form English (doc) 
    Summary English (pdf)


Fee Waiver Forms

If you are unable to pay the filing fees, and meet the income requirements, you can ask the court to waive the fees by completing the forms below. 


Form Number
Name of Form
Forms for Download
Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs - Affidavit of Indigency
CV-410B Order on Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs


Not finding what you need?

For additional information, visit the Wisconsin State Law Library website.


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System