Milwaukee Community Justice Council Executive Committee
Chair: Chief Judge Maxine White
Vice Chair: Tom Reed
Justice Council Director: Mandy Potapenko
The Milwaukee Community Justice Council (MCJC), created by Milwaukee County Board resolution in 2007, is made up of Milwaukee-area criminal justice agencies and local governments working collaboratively to ensure a fair, efficient, and effective justice system that enhances public safety and quality of life in our community. The Council is governed by an Executive Committee made up representatives of each participating organization and is chaired by Milwaukee County Circuit Court Chief Judge Maxine White.
"The purpose of the Justice Council is to function as an independent entity governed by key justice system leaders that is empowered to define broad justice system goals, monitor/analyze justice system performance, facilitate collaboration among justice system performance, provide technical assistance and research, and act as a conduit between the justice system and the larger community without impacting in any way the autonomy or decision-making authority of any criminal justice system agency" - Adopted by the Justice Council Executive Committee on March 19, 2014.
Executive Committee By-Laws
Executive Committee Responsibilities:
- Develop Council meeting agendas and ensure matters are ready for Council meetings.
- Review reports and recommendations of Standing Committees to ensure assignments are completed and prepare documents for Council meetings.
- Propose to the Council the formation of Standing Committees, Subcommittees and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Recommend to the Council individuals to serve as chairs and members of above-listed committees.
- Coordinate and approve the membership of the Standing Committees, Subcommittees and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Review all reports and recommendations from standing committees, subcommittees, and Ad Hoc Committees. If approved to forward based on that review, the Executive Committee will pass the committee’s recommendations to Council for vote.
Executive Committee Meeting Agendas/Minutes/Documents