Interconnection Process and Inspection
Connecting your solar energy system to the We Energies distribution system is called interconnection. This process emphasizes safe installation. Check out the We Energies WEBSITE on customer-owned generation and the process for interconnection.
1. Apply online HERE or via mail for interconnection to the We Energies distribution system.
2. Fees may be applicable based on the capacity of system being installed:
a. 20kW or less: no fee.
b. Greater than 20kW to 200kW: $250
c. Greater than 200kW to 1MW: $500
d. Greater than 1MW to 15MW: $1000
3. The application goes to We Energies energy service consultant (ESC).
a. The application must include a site plan and a one line diagram.
4. We Energies has up to ten days to review the application for completeness.
5. Occasionally, an engineering review is needed (typically for larger systems). If so, the applicant will be notified and the payment of additional fees is required.
6. Once ESC is assured that application, site plan, and diagrams are properly completed and the project meets We Energies’ technical requirements the will be application approved.
7. The solar electric system’s commissioning tests, completed by We Energies, cannot begin until the approved Electrical and Building permits are sent to We Energies. Once received, commission testing can take place.
8. Meter gets installed to monitor system.
9. The Installer schedules the We Energies inspection and commission testing (can typically be done in one visit).
10. The interconnection agreement is signed. (typically same day of commissioning)
Contact Information for We Energies Interconnection:
1-800-714-7777, ext. 7700