Solar Group Buy Program
Enrollment: February - May 2014
Thank you for your interest! The deadline for enrollment has passed. Please email email@example.com to get on the mailing list to learn about future opportunities.
Home and business owners in Milwaukee's Bay View neighborhood have an opportunity to take advantage of record low solar pricing through a limited-time solar group purchase program. The Solar Bay View program is a new solar group buy program that can help residents invest in lower cost solar installations through the power of volume-purchasing.The program is open to Milwaukee-area residents outside of Bay View, but its main outreach focus will be within the neighborhood.
Solar Bay View is being led through a partnership of the City of Milwaukee’s solar program, Milwaukee Shines, the Riverwest Cooperative Alliance, and the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA)
How it Works:
- Solar Education: Solar Bay View will help you decide where to start, what to budget, and who to hire. The Solar Bay View team will offer educational sessions to provide the basics of solar, an overview of incentives and financing solutions, and details on how to enroll in the program. For dates for upcoming educational sessions to the right.
- Customer Enrollment: A home or business owner can enroll in the program between February - May 2014. The enrollment allows customers to receive a free estimate from the selected installer. After receiving the cost estimate, the customer will decide whether or not to move forward with the solar installation. The more customers that move forward with an install, the lower cost for everyone involved
- Installer Selected: The Solar Bay View team will select one or two contractors through a competitive bid process to ensure quality work at a low cost to customers. The contractor will be selected by an advisory panel based on criteria such as certification, experience, cost, and location of firm. The chosen installer will provide site assessments and cost bids to each participating home or business owner to help them decide if they will move forward with an install.
- Incentives and Financing Solutions: Solar Bay View will connect customers with incentives and financing solutions. Incentives include a 30% federal tax credit and a Focus on Energy cash-back incentive (up to $2400). Homeowners can also utilize low-interest solar loans through Milwaukee Shines Soar Financing to help cover the balance of a system cost.
Ready to Add Solar?
Do you know you're ready to get a solar estimate as part of Solar Bay View? SIGN UP HERE, and you'll be contacted to schedule a site assessment.
How to Get Involved:
- Attend a SOLAR BAY VIEW Educational Session: You'll learn about the basics of solar, get an overview of incentives and financing solutions, and find out details on how to enroll in this group buy program. You'll also hear first hand from home owners that participated in the last solar group buy program.
- Start Your Homework Now:
- Contact Us: If you have questions on where to start, contact any of the Solar Bay View team:
SOLAR BAY VIEW IS PRESENTED BY:
THANKS TO ALL OUR PARTNERS:
Bay View Neighborhood Association
Outpost Natural Foods Cooperative
Colectivo Coffee Roasters